Meet Dr. McCauley
Meet Dr. McCauley
Dr. Dan McCauley graduated from SMU in 1974 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology and completed all his prerequisites for dental school. He graduated from the University of Texas Dental Branch in Houston in 1977 with a Doctorate of Dental Surgery and, since then, has practiced general dentistry in Mount Pleasant.
- American Dental Association, Legislative Committee Member
- Academy of General Dentistry, Fellow
- American College of Dentistry, Fellow
- International College of Dentists, Fellow
- Texas Dental Association Financial Services Board, Director
- Texas Academy of General Dentistry, Past President and Director
- Northeast Texas Community College, Past Trustee and Current Chairman of the Board of Directors
- Foundation for Northeast Texas Community College, Founder and Past President
- First District Dental Society, Delegate
- Pierre Fauchard Academy, Fellow
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity, President
Dr. McCauley is on staff at Titus County Memorial Hospital and three area nursing homes, treats prisoners for two counties at night, and treats mental and medically compromised patients for the entire area of Texas. He regularly provides free care for the Texas Mission of Mercy projects and also for the Texas Donated Dental Services Program. His office is also the primary dental home for the Head Start school dental program for five cities.
Civically, Dr. McCauley has significantly contributed to his local area and to the State of Texas. He has served twice as the president of the Mt. Pleasant Evening Optimist Club and has chaired all committees of the club. Later, Dr. McCauley served as the district lieutenant governor and was recognized as a distinguished lieutenant governor before being elected Governor of the North Texas District of Optimist International.
Dr. McCauley served as a director for the Red River Valley Girl Scout Council. He is an eagle scout, has served on the NETSEO Trails Council Advisory Board for 34 years, and was named a James West Fellow last year for his contributions to Boy Scouts.
Dr. McCauley is a member of First Baptist Church in Mount Pleasant. He has taught men’s Sunday school class for over 34 years. He also chairs the Long Range Planning Committee and has continually served on many of the church’s committees.
Awards and Recognition
- Psi Omega Dental Fraternity Fraternal Achievement Award
- University of Texas Dental Branch Table Clinic Award
- Best Dentists in America, Research Council of America
- Super Dentists of Texas
- Sandy Nifros Humanitarian Award
- Father of the Year Award
- Optimist International Community Service Award
- Optimist International Lifetime Service Award
- Optimist Governor Award for Lifetime Achievement
- Ralph Waller Award